The Hawkins Family

The Hawkins Family

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Moonlight Prayer

I was walking through the snow tonight with my son on our way home from my mother in laws,having a litte moonlight prayer time with God, and I think about how some of my family and friends are spending their time. At this very moment, there are so many of them running around without a care in the world. Parting every single weekend. Becoming the slave of alcohol and drugs. Some of them with children and some of them not. However I am not condeming anyone becuase I have been redeemed of those terriable desires. Sometimes I ask God why is it that it's so hard to be different. Why is it so hard to fit in, and then I hear him answer that I'm not supposed to. I am unique, an orginal... I looked up to the heavens on this clear, cool night and breathe all of it in... So much beauty.. With moonlight dancing across the frozen wonderland which used to be our front yard, I allow the coldness to feel my lungs. It's so refreshing and fulfilling. And I whisper to my God, thank you, thank you for my beautiful family, my warm home and for your grace.... Just a few thoughts from my moonlight prayer....

0 comments:

Post a Comment